ODOT’s Transportation Information Mapping System (TIMS)
State and Federal Funding Agencies
Ohio Department of Development
Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) Local Programs Publications Webpage
ODOT Program Resource Guide
ODOT Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) Discretionary Grant Opportunities
Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) Environmental & Financial Assistance
Ohio Water Development Authority (OWDA)
Ohio Treasurer, Ohio Market Access Program
US Department of Agriculture Rural Development, Ohio Division (USDA/RD)
Ohio Department of Agriculture Clean Ohio Farmland Preservation Program
ODNR Grant Opportunities (including Clean Ohio Trail Fund)
Water and Wastewater Resources & Assistance
Great Lakes Rural Communities Assistance Program (RCAP)
RCAP Funding Sources for Public Water and Wastewater
Ohio Rural Water Association
Ohio State University’s Soil Environment Technology Learning Lab
Small Communities Environmental Infrastructure Group (SCEIG)
SmallWaterSupply.org (Resources and support for water and wastewater operators)
Ohio Census Data
Additional Conservation Funding Sources
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, Clean Water Act, Section 319 Program: Low-interest loan financing (Water Pollution Control Loan Fund (WPCLF)) and Section 319 grants for nonpoint source pollution projects.
- OEPA Water Resource Restoration Sponsorship Program (WRRSP) advances interest monies from WPCLF sponsor projects to fund preservation and restoration of the state’s water resources.
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources Coastal Management Assistance Grants: Grants are provided for protection and preservation activities on Ohio’s coastal areas.
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative: Funds are appropriated to USEPA who provides funds to other federal government agencies (US Forest Service, US Fish and Wildlife, USDA) including USEPA, to fund restoration projects.
- Great Lakes Commission participates in projects seeking to improve water quality in urban and rural settings, and across watersheds in the Great Lakes basin.
- ODNR NatureWorks: Grants provide for acquisition, development, or rehabilitation of public park and recreation areas.
- ODNR Land and Water Conservation Fund: Grant assistance for outdoor recreation projects.
- ODNR Recreational Trails Program: For development and construction of trails, trailheads including maintenance of existing trails.
- ODNR Clean Ohio Trails Fund: For land acquisition, trail development and trailhead facilities including engineering and design.
- Local Metropolitan Planning Organizations: Trail construction, and sometimes water quality planning initiatives
- Lake Erie Protection Fund for research and projects aimed at protecting, preserving and restoring Lake Erie and its watershed.
- ODNR Coastal and Estuarine Land Conservation Program (CELCP) provides grants that seek to protect and restore Lake Erie and the watershed.
- ODNR Acid Mine Drainage Abatement Program uses grant money for the long-term clean up of mine drainage problems with watersheds that have been approved as hydrologic units.
- Five Star and Urban Waters Restoration Grant Program provides funds to diverse local partnerships focused on improving water quality, watersheds, and the species and habitats they support.